Things You'll Find in Shilo,
That You Might Not Find Everywhere Else.
Gemach- Open HandsThere is a tradition of providing funds for the times when a person is in need, usually without interest, A modern expansion is for people to offer all sorts of equipment to others for free usage. One can find a bridal gown in Jerusalem for instance. So what can ;you find in Shilo?
- Pesach Camp
- Every year, schools, kindergartens, and nursery schools in Israel close down about two weeks before Pesach, so that teachers can prepare their houses for the great Holiday. If you're a teacher, that's a wonderful thing. But in Israel the students outnumber the teachers, sometimes by as much as 30 -1. So all the students go home too. And how do their mothers clean houses, with a passel of 3,5, and 8 year olds running around?
In Shilo there is a solution. There's a one week camp, for children from 3 to 9, run by the "older" children, which is to say, 10 - 14, supervised by an even older child, usually around 16. This marvelously run contraption has a theme each year (this year's is Months (Iyar, Heshvan and Adar being among my favorites). The camp is run in memory of Leah Deutsh, who used to help run the camp, and was killed in a tragic motor vehicle accident. It is a marvelous example of the way a community shines. The camp is for free.
It's part of being in a community that takes care of each other. A better way to live.
- Automobile- Two cars are available for use, taken care of by two Rabanim from the Yeshiva.
- Chairs & Tables- For your next simcha.
- Plates, Silverware, & Serving Dishes- Nice china for a good (meat) simcha.
- Hotplates & 200 cup electirc Teapot - Notice a pattern? Lots of simchot in Shilo.
- Library- In addition to the public library, there is a private free childrens Torani library.
- Baby Equipment- Cribs, playpens, and assorted baby goods. Like simchot, we also have a lot of babies.
- Brit Outfit- Complete with pillow.
- Chupa- Want to get married in Shilo? Consider it.
- Tools- Cement mixer, jigsaw, and hundreds of others.
| ||For more information about Shilo,|
you can contact ,
or anyone on the People page,
or come visit,
or write us at:
| ||Klita Shilo|